In 2017, the Montreal Group, established a key topic group to focus on Mid Sized Scale-Ups. The objectives of this key topic group were to:
- Assess the maturity of mid-sized scale-up products and services amongst development banks;
- Identify key challenges;
- Highlight common frameworks and practices currently in place;
- Highlight and share best practices;
- Determine opportunities for increased and more effective support of scale-ups;
- Establish next steps if the key topic were to be explored further.
This key topic group believes that through the identification and sharing of best practices, the consortium of development banks will better equipped to support this important segment.