TMG becomes a supporting institution of leading organizations promoting the gender equality agenda.
Following the annual celebration of the Women Entrepreneurs Day, and, in line with its Sustainability Agenda for the years to come, The Montreal Group’s Secretariat is happy to announce its endorsement, as a supporting institution, of both the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) and the Paris Development Banks statement on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.
About the Women´s Empowerment Principles
The WEPs are a set of Principles offering guidance to businesses on how to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community. They are a primary vehicle for corporate delivery on gender equality dimensions of the 2030 agenda and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
These are its 7 guiding principles:
- Principle 1: High-Level Corporate Leadership,
- Principle 2: Treat all Women and Men Fairly at Work without Discrimination,
- Principle 3: Employee Health, Well-Being and Safety,
- Principle 4: Education and training for career advancement,
- Principle 5: Enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices,
- Principle 6: Community initiatives and advocacy,
- Principle 7: Measurement and Reporting.
About the Paris Development Banks statement on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
Signatories of this statement are Public Development Banks (PDBs) across the world that acknowledge that progress towards gender equality has yet been far too slow, bearing in mind that gender inequalities are a barrier to sustainable and inclusive development.
Following are its 4-priority axis.
- Goal 1: Strengthen accountability for gender equality through the development of gender equality strategies in the institutional practices of the signatory banks;
- Goal 2: Increase and/or re-orient funding for gender equality actions, making it possible to set an ambitious and progressive objective based on a shared methodology;
- Goal 3: Integrate gender issues into climate and biodiversity commitments;
- Goal 4: Strengthen dialogue with the actors involved in the fight against gender inequality and in particular with civil society.